Alienated by Melissa Landers

Alienated - Melissa Landers

“Two years ago, the aliens made contact. Now Cara Sweeney is going to be sharing a bathroom with one of them.

Handpicked to host the first-ever L’eihr exchange student, Cara thinks her future is set. Not only does she get a free ride to her dream college, she’ll have inside information about the mysterious L’eihrs that every journalist would kill for. Cara’s blog following is about to skyrocket.”

Alienated far exceeded my expectations. This was just a book I had bought based off a quick glance at an interesting summary. It wasn't until a friend on Goodreads had reviewed and recommended it that I even remembered I had it on my shelf. I tend to listen to her recommendations since we share reading tastes and her review was a glowing one.

During the first few chapters I was a bit hesitant as it is a novel that takes place in high school (a theme I am not too fond of anymore due to my inability to connect to whiny teens and drama filled halls). As you read the story, I found that the setting did not bother me as much as I would have thought. The story just would not have made sense any other way.

Basically, the novel is a science fiction romance that takes place in high school. When I say that I do mean a romance novel with hints of science fiction. For some reason, despite not being a fan of romances (with the occasional exception) I found myself devouring this novel.

4.5/5 Stars-

Alienated was not perfect but it was still a fantastic novel. There were times were I just hated the decisions made, despite understanding the character's reasoning. This made me want to just slap the characters for adding complications that were unnecessary. Surprisingly, despite anger inducing decisions, I loved both of the main characters and have already purchased the next book in the series.